Visit Netflix.com to your Computer
- To pinpoint your issue, sign in to Netflix.com on a computer using the same network as your device.
- If you see a Netflix Site Error, we are currently unable to connect your account to the Netflix service. Please try to stream again at a later time.
- If you do not see a Netflix Site Error, continue troubleshooting below.
Sign Out to Netflix
- While in the Netflix app, tap the Menu button in the upper left corner or the More button in the lower right corner.
- Scroll down and select Sign Out.
- Confirm that you want to sign out.
- Once you have signed out, sign back in and try Netflix again.
Clear the Netflix app data
- From the Home screen on your device, navigate to Settings.
- Select General.
- If you don’t see General, continue to the next step.
- Select Apps or Applications.
- Select Manage Applications, Application Manager, or Manage All Apps.
- If you don’t see these selections, continue to the next step.
- Scroll down and select Netflix.
- If you don’t see Netflix, check the Downloaded tab.
- Select Storage.
- If you don’t see Storage, continue to the next step
- Select Clear Data, then OK.
- Try Netflix again.
Try a different internet connection
If possible, connect your device to a different internet access point, then try Netflix again. Some examples:
- Attempt to connect to a different Wi-Fi network in range of your device.
- Bring your device to a neighbor’s or friend’s house and attempt to stream.
- If you have the ability to connect to a mobile hotspot from your device, try using it to connect to Netflix. While we generally don’t advise streaming over a data network as a fix, it’s a good way to see if a home network configuration issue is what’s keeping you from streaming reliably.
If you’re able to stream using a different internet connection, we recommend checking with whoever set up your home network to resolve any potential issues with the way the network is configured.
If you’re attempting to stream on a work or school network, or public Wi-Fi, talk with the network’s administrator to make sure it supports streaming services such as Netflix. If it does not, you will not be able to stream Netflix TV shows or movies.