Have you been in such a situation where your Mozilla just stops responding? If yes then you are surely reading the right blog to get the instant solution in just a few steps. There is nothing new for a browser to stop working or responding at any time. But the important thing is that you must identify the causes behind the glitch and then apply the solution. If you are fed up with finding the solution for Mozilla not responding then you can try the given steps to get rid of the issue.
Causes of Mozilla not responding
- A lot of plugins and extensions on the browser
- Too many temporary files including cache & cookies
- Malware & virus attacks
- Incorrect installation of Mozilla
How to fix Mozilla not responding
Now, when you know the causes then troubleshooting the issue can be very easy. Try the given solution to fix the issue in its earlier stages only.
- Disable the Mozilla Plugins:It might be possible that the plugins you recently added to your browser can be causing the hindrance, in such a case, Launch the browser first > go to the tools, select Add-ons and when the list appears on the screen, disable the most recent plugin extensions.
- Delete cookies, cache & browser history : You might be facing the problem of Mozilla not responding due to overloaded history. So just wipe out everything. Go to history option and click on the clear history button then select everything. Similarly, choose the cookies & cache and click on the clear now button.
- Restart Firefox in safe mode: This outstanding browser, Mozilla Firefox allow you to access it in the safe mode. Go to the menu sections and click on the Help button then a dialogue box will appear in front of you, select ‘Start Firefox in safe mode’.
- Re-install Mozilla: This is the best option you can do about re-installing the browser. But first, ensure that you have uninstalled the browser from the device. Go to the website and download the latest version available.
If these steps did not work then you must install Mozilla Firefox once again on your device. Doing this will enhance its performance as well as the usability.