Skype is a telecommunication application of software products that specializes in providing video chat and voice calls between computers, it enables the world’s conversation. Through Skype people can make calls, video chat, use instant messaging and also share files with other Skype users. It is compatible with all devices like mobile phones, PCs, Laptops, tablets etc. It is a very famous application worldwide because it is free to download and is easy to use. It also provides other additional features like a translator; Skype translator lets you translate languages while speaking to people from a different country. It also has Skype for Outlook feature where you can go from chat to video call right from your inbox in just one click. If you would like to get a more in-depth meaning and knowledge about Skype then contact Skype Customer Support Number.
Sometimes users accidentally delete their contact list with de-cluttering their contact list. And since no one can remember all the names of their contact the task of recovering the lost contacts seem almost impossible. But worry not, as it is quite simple as long as you carry out the procedure correctly.
Highlighted below are some steps you can take to recover your deleted contacts:
- In your home screen, go to the search field and type %AppData%. This will open the Roaming folder.
- Open the Skype folder and open your Username folder. Here you will find many subfolders.
- Search for the folder CHATSYNC and open it.
- After opening this folder you will find.DAT files which contain all your chat sessions. In these files there are only two names available, one is yours and the other is belongs to your contact.
- Once you have located the name simply copy it and paste it on the search field in your Skype application.
Also Read: How to Fix a Skype Connection Problem
It is advisable to always keep a copy of your contact details in hand for future reference. If you face any doubts or if you are stuck somewhere then you can always call their tech support by contacting Skype Technical Support Number like any other support line, this is also toll-free and available throughout the day.